Ms. Fine represents clients and appears in court primarily in the City of Winchester, Va., and the counties of Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Loudoun, and Fauquier. Civil litigation can involve both a lawsuit filed and/or negotiation to achieve a settlement. Ms. Fine has successfully tried cases and has successfully negotiated settlements.
Her litigation experience includes:
- Corporate and limited liability company (LLC) dissolution
- Corporate and limited liability company (LLC) disputes
- Contract disputes related to business, real estate, and finance
- Construction disputes
- Non-competition agreements
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Partition suits
- Lost Will
- Represented one of two 50/50 heirs in a partition suit to sell inherited real estate when one heir refused to vacate or pay rent. The successful litigation resulted in a court order to sell the property, divide the proceeds, and deduct back rental payments from the share of the heir who refused to vacate or pay rent.
- Represented the owner of a country estate in obtaining a judgment evicting the tenants and recovering damages to the property due to the tenants' neglect.
- Negotiated affordable pay-offs with creditors and dismissal of the creditors’ claims.
- Negotiated a settlement agreement between adjoining property owners in a lawsuit filed over an access easement.
- Recovered for a client, under a Contractor Recovery Fund Claim, money paid to a contractor who failed to do the work and who filed for bankruptcy.