Joan Fine is a long-time horsewoman and horse owner with competitive riding experience showing hunters and in combined training and has foxhunted in the United States, England and Ireland.
Her experience in equine law includes:
- Drafting and reviewing purchase and sale agreements
- Limited partnerships for horse ownership
- Landowner liability releases
- Drafted and reviewed multiple purchase and sales agreements for horses.
- Drafted a revolving loan agreement for a person who was financing a professional horseman's purchase of prospective jumpers.
- Counsels landowners who permit riding across their land and co-ordinates with their insurance company’s requirements, especially regarding the protection of Virginia’s Equine Liability Statute.